The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
It is an essential part of the Gospel which we must believe in order to be saved.
- "...that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" 1 Cor 15:4 Rom 10:9
- The apostles were witnesses of His resurrection Acts 1:22
- Paul preached Jesus and the resurrection. Acts 17:18
- He was declared to be the Son of God with power......by the resurrection from the dead. Rom 1:4
- God raised Him from the dead in demonstration of the fact that He had fully paid the penalty of sin Acts 2:24.
- He was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. Rom 4:25
- Without the resurrection there could be no salvation for anyone 1 Cor 15:12-19.
- We believe in God who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead Rom 4:24 Heb 13:20
- This gives believers “the answer of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 3:21
We experience the power of His resurrection when we see the significance of our identification with Him in His death and resurrection. Rom 6:11